Treat your brunch visitors to a delicious take on the traditional morning meal with a breakfast pizza that will make your brunch occasion truly memorable. Imagine a generously portioned golden crust that is flawlessly crisp, all decorated with your favorite morning fare. This dish combines the flavors of a substantial breakfast with the coziness of pizza in a way that tastes absolutely delicious.
- One 12-inch parbaked pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 6 ounces breakfast sausage links
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Place the pizza crust on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage links in 1 teaspoon of olive oil over moderate heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Using a sharp knife, slice the sausages into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Sprinkle the cheddar evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with the sausage slices, tomatoes, and two thirds of the scallions. Bake for 8 minutes, until the cheese is beginning to melt.
- Transfer the pizza to a rack. Crack one egg into a small bowl, then carefully slide it onto the pizza. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs. Season the pizza with salt and pepper, and bake it for another 10 minutes or so, until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board. Garnish with the remaining scallions, and drizzle with olive oil. Cut into wedges and serve with hot sauce.
Essential Tools and Equipment
With a variety of professional tools, creating the ideal breakfast pizza is quick and accurate. To create a uniform and crispy crust, start with a commercial pizza oven that you can trust. A good dough sheeter or roller can help you get the perfect thin and even crust in less time and effort. Invest in a dough proofer to guarantee a flawless rise and a commercial-grade mixer to quickly and easily prepare the pizza dough. For a flawless pizza transfer in and out of the oven, a high-quality pizza peel and stone are essential. For the toppings, use a high-capacity cheese grater to evenly distribute the cheese and a commercial food processor to swiftly chop and prepare the vegetables. Furthermore, keeping your ingredients readily available and fresh is possible with a commercial-grade refrigeration equipment. In a professional kitchen setting, these commercial instruments will simplify the process of making breakfast pizza, resulting in a consistently great product.
Purchase All Your Commercial Kitchen Equipment From The FED (Foodservice Equipment Depot)