This simple recipe makes for a delicious dinner party because of its smooth, slow-cooked roast salmon fillets and zesty, colorful citrus-olive relish, which highlights the rich, fermented taste and soft firmness of preserved lemons. Each and every time, properly cooked and juicy salmon is guaranteed when a low roasting temperature is utilized.
- 4 (6-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium navel oranges
- 1/2 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, torn
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Arrange salmon fillets in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Stir together 3/4 teaspoon salt, coriander, and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over salmon. Let salmon stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Meanwhile, cut off top and bottom of each orange. Standing orange upright on a cutting board, cut along sides of orange to remove peel and pith; turn orange over, and remove any remaining bits of peel and pith. Holding 1 orange over a medium bowl, cut between membranes to separate segments; place segments in bowl. Repeat process with remaining orange. Stir olives, parsley, onion, preserved lemon, 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt into orange segments in bowl. Set relish aside; set aside at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil evenly over salmon. Roast salmon in preheated oven until salmon reaches desired degree of doneness, 20 to 25 minutes for medium-rare. (Test using a fork to see if it’s starting to flake.) Transfer salmon to a platter, and spoon relish over top. Serve hot.
Essential Tools and Equipment
In a professional kitchen, important commercial kitchen equipment are crucial to creating the ideal slow-roasted salmon with citrus-olive relish. A dependable commercial oven with accurate temperature control guarantees the slow cooking process that adds to the silkiness of the salmon. Reputable roasting pans preserve the fish’s integrity, and a thermometer ensures that the right cooking temperature is reached every time. To make this delicious dish, you’ll need sturdy utensils for handling the citrus-olive relish and sharp knives for accurate chopping and prepping. Check out the selection of professional commercial kitchen equipment at www.foodserviceequipmentdepot.com to enhance your cooking pursuits.
Purchase All Your Commercial Kitchen Equipment From The FED (Foodservice Equipment Depot)