Pumpkin pie is a classic and delicious treat for Halloween or the fall season. Here is a unique twist on the classic pumpkin pie recipe:
- 8 ounces chocolate wafer cookies (33 cookies)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pure pumpkin puree (5-ounce can)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (brandy or apple cider)
- ½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely grated peeled)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice (ground)
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Chocolate curls (see Note for garnish)
- Make the crust In a food processor, pulse the cookies until finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the butter and sugar. Mix until well combined, then press into a 9-inch metal pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Transfer to a rack and let cool.
- Make the filling In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree with all of the remaining ingredients until smooth. Scrape the filling into the piecrust and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the filling is set but slightly jiggly in the centre. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Make the topping In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the crème fraîche with the cream and confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Spoon the topping over the pie, garnish with chocolate curls and serve.
You’ll need a number of necessary appliances to make the ideal Pumpkin Cream Pie in a Chocolate Crust, which will guarantee a delicious and reliable dessert. Start with a top-notch professional stand mixer that will blend the velvety pumpkin filling to perfection with ease. To ensure a well-balanced and delectable flavor, exact measurements of the main ingredients require a sturdy and accurate kitchen scale. A professional food processor with a sharp blade for smashing the cookies and shaping the perfect crust texture, which will result in a rich chocolate crust. A pie plate is the ideal presentation. With the correct tools, you can quickly make a delicious Chocolate-Crust Pumpkin Cream Pie that will have them coming back for more.
Purchase All Your Commercial Kitchen Equipment From The FED (Foodservice Equipment Depot)
Explore our diverse selection of high-quality commercial kitchen equipment for all your culinary needs. Enjoy a seamless online ordering experience, ensuring fast and frictionless access to professional-grade food service equipment. Shop at our Restaurant Supply Online Store.